- Mirzoeff, Nicholas. “Introduction”. How to See The World. London: Pelican, 2015. 1-27. Print
- Sturken, Marita, and Lisa Cartwright. “Introduction”. Practices Of Looking; An Introduction To Visual Culture.: New York : Oxford University Press, 2009. 1-5. Print.
- Clarke, Michael. “Language and Meaning.” Verbalising the Visual: Translating Art and Design into Words. Lausanne, Switzerland: A V A Publishing, 2007. 20-27.
- Wallace, Andrew, Tony Schirato, and Phillipa Bright. “Critical Thinking.” Beginning University: Thinking, Researching and Writing for Success. St Leonards, N.S.W.: Allen & Unwin, 1999. 45-61. Print.
- Annals, Alison, Abby Cunnane, and Sam Cunnane. “Working with Images and Ideas.” Saying What You See: How to Write and Talk about Art. North Shore, N.Z.: Pearson ed. N.Z., 2009. 15-39. Print.
- Ruszkiewicz, John J,. Daniel Anderson, and Christy Friend. “Reading texts.” Beyond Words: Cultural texts for Reading and Writing. 3rd ed. Boston: Pearson, c2012. 9-39. Print.
- Wellington City Council, Courtenay Place Park. “Courtenay Place Park”, “Current Exhibition”. Web. 16/03/16.